sabato 14 giugno 2008

Mondo Food June

The Duff Dumpling

Dumplings the world over come in many forms and shapes, sweet and savoury, fried, steamed or boiled. Here in the Caribbean our dumplings are generally boiled or steamed depending on whether you are making it to be eaten in a soup or as the main st... read more
Tastes Like Home
When we sold our house in the U.S. we were told to: Remove anything personal; Pack away all decorative stuff; Replace anything obviously worn; And, in general to 'tart it up a bit' and keep it looking as good as possible.The ph... read more
Thyme For Cooking, the Blog
INGREDIENTS 3cupscooked chicken breasts, diced(I poached 3 breast halves) 1mediumonion, finely diced 2stalkscelery, finely diced 2tablespoonsparsley, chopped 1/2cupsliced almonds 1cup gratedlow-fat cheddar cheese 1/2teaspoonground black pepper 1cu... read more
plain cook Recipes
A couple of months ago I tried Conor O’Neill’s fabulous recipe for Chicken Tikka Masala, one of Britain’s favourite dishes. It was a fantastic recipe, full of intense flavour with a hint of heat. I’ve actually made it a few times since. If calorie... read more
The Humble Housewife
I usually write about myself, my family and friends here. I share info about my favorite food, music and movies with you, my dear readers. But today I am going to tell you a story that happened to someone else – Neusa, a coworker of mine.She was o... read more
Technicolor Kitchen - English version
It recently occurred to me that I wrote a book. Yes, almost a year ago my book, “The Amateur Gourmet: How To Shop, Chop and Tablehop Like A Pro (Almost)” was released by Bantam/Dell. The book, which will come out in paperback in the fall, has ser... read more
The Amateur Gourmet
An easy midweek meal to make. Eggplant is a vegetable I try to incorporate into our meals as it contains a host of vitamins and minerals. Choose eggplants that are firm and heavy for their size. The skin should be smooth and shiny, and their color... read more
The Culinary Chase
I've long been a fan of Total yogurt, the strained yogurt imported from Greece. It's thick, dense, creamy, and delicious. The 2% fat version is what I eat almost every day. The non-fat yogurt is a little too chalky for my taste, and I save the ful... read more
The Food Section
How green is your lunchbox? Swap the cling-film and sandwich bags for a reusable Wrap-N-Mat and do your bit for the environment. Fitting snugly around sandwiches or other lunchbox staples like biscuits or vegetable sticks, a secure Velcro-style fa... read more
The Foodie List
[Discalimer: I know I came back from Morocco like ages ago, but I know you want to know more about our adventures there ;) and by the way, I'm cooking almost nothing lately, so... :P]Leaving Fès, I decide to enter fully in Moroccan life: I bought ... read more
The Kitchen Pantry
Vive Le Vegan! Dreena’s chocolate chip cookies are a favorite for me, as they are sweetened partially with maple syrup in addition to cane sugar. They smell wonderful and always turn out great! read more
Utopian Kitchen
My husband's Rotary Club is hosting a cultural exchange group from India this week. "On Friday afternoon we need someone to fix them all a picnic in the park. They're all vegetarian. Volunteers?"My husband eagerly piped up. "Why, my wife wrot... read more
Vegan Lunch Box
Posted by Robin Wheeler-Barber on Growers & Grocers Unless you don’t follow the news, you’re probably well aware of the latest food scare - tomatoes tainted with salmonella. The big question that has yet to be answered is how do thousands of pound... read more
Well Fed Network
Over the past two weeks I’ve discovered that although I can lose some pounds on South Beach Diet, phase one, I cannot think well on SBDP1…basically it became really difficult to write, to think, and to be happy. Thank god that’s over and I’... read more
What geeks eat...
Thank you FX Cuisine for this idea, although mine doesn't contain rhubarb and I used a dry Marsala for an alcohol hit. It was brilliant. Banana Nutella Muffins. Always a favourite from Delicious Days and * my * usual * cupcake * base. This bird ... read more
winosandfoodies

Nessun commento: